Going back to school doesnt need to be stressful or overwhelming. Many parents are happy that the kids are going back to school just so that they can have more time to get things done. In reality there is just as much, if not more, to get done!!
I can’t believe that summer is just about over and schools have already started in the South – that’s crazy to me! I wish summer could be longer well because I hate winter and snow! BRR!!
Here’s a few tips for when it’s time for school to start up again:
- Make sure that you set a schedule (and stick to it!) Dinner, homework, playtime if needed then bedtime. REPEAT.
- Allow kids to have fun on weekends. Let the kids be free on weekends to what they want to do!
- Meal plan: this is HUGE! If you want your kid to bring lunch or buy lunch make sure you have it planned and ready.
- Get plenty of sleep! (both you and the kids)
- Encourage kids to make friends and interact with others.
- Encourage them in after school activities.
- Set up a rewards program for good grades and helping out around the house
- Help your child stay organized with books, homework, and supplies.
- Allow them to have creativity and imagination.
Download our FREE printable:
- Binder Subject Cover Pages BinderPrintables
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!